Poem for an Unwed Mother January 2003

1
The world inside

2
Pennies for a beggar,
Pennies sir, ma’m,
Pennies for a lost soul,

It doesn’t matter if they’re shiny.
Stop with your polish and give me one
STOP!

3
Run, run my friend down the hole,
That is the place to get lost,
That is the last rabbit hole on this whole planet,
Run and don’t look back.

4
Look out! look out! My friend!
Did you see what was going on out there?
I just opened the window and there were flowers in the sky
Or the clouds had formed in iris purple and the birds were all holding white in their teeth.

It all meant one thing, can only mean one thing,
Someday it will be alright.
It all meant that someday we will find out that its alright.

My God,
He is some boy, a beautiful boy.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intellectualized Racism is Still Racism

The Hearth

Lack of Empathy from Liberals