Nodaddy (a new short)

I love going to Barnes and Nobles. The books are fine, but they have toys and games and its so big and nice. My mom goes to the table around the cafe and sits down and I wander and wander. Oh this and this and this and this whole aisle. I see my mommy again and I want to tell her something. When I walk up she is sitting with a man. I hear her talking. I know I am supposed to look directly in her eyes, but I am also trying to remember what it was I wanted to ask her so I don't hear what she is saying.

Now I have to do something. I hear the words "Shake his hand," firm but kind. I take his hand and he smiles at me and laughs a little.

Another of my mommy's nodaddys.

Ok, back to the toys. I find a game that has green slime and another one that involves a dvd. I am going to grab both of them. And this box of wooden food that looks so real. When I come back the man stands up and says:
"Why don't you pick one out and I'll buy it for you?"
I am glad, but do not know what to pick. I need to think about that.

My mommy is very beautiful. I know that is part of the reason there are so many nodaddys that come around. This one seems kind of nice.

Ok I have to make a decision and I need to go look again at my favorite aisle. There is also that italian ice kit that looks so delicious. And all the stuffed animals. I take a squirrel puppet bring it back and put on a show. They both laugh delightfully and look at one another. I don't think I want this though.

I am not sure what I want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intellectualized Racism is Still Racism

The Hearth

Lack of Empathy from Liberals